Friday, April 22, 2011

Spring Break

Spring has sprung and with Easter right around the corner, Spring Break has arrived! We had lots planned for the week.

Monday: Picnic play date at a local university
We played and watched the ducks before having our picnic lunch.


Tuesday: Trip to the zoo.
We met up with some new friends for a walk around the zoo and a picnic lunch. We are so thankful that it was a free trip to the zoo!


Wednesday: Shopping and Dinner
LilE and I took it easy all morning and then headed to the outlets in the afternoon. I had seen some stuff awhile back at the Carter's outlet, but wanted her to try stuff on. Plus I had a 20% off coupon (to add to the already way reduced prices).  We came out of there purchasing $198 of clothes paying only $92!! Score! Three knit dresses, two short/shirt sets, one skirt and matching shirt, and three pairs of PJs. I feel like we hit the jackpot. That is about as bargain shopping as I can get. And I LOVE how modest Carter's is. The older LilE gets, I am realizing what a challenge modesty is going to be.


We ended the evening trying out a new Mexican place in town with some friends. It was tasty, but a bit of a drive across town. I might go back again and try out something else on the menu. I hear the fajitas are awesome.

Thursday: Egg hunt
This morning we had planned to hit the park and have an egg hunt with friends. But the rain came in and we had to go to plan b. And inside hunt. Fortunately, the gym at church was open for free play. Then we headed upstairs to the children's area for the hunt. (There are perks to sleeping with the children's minister.) We had a picnic lunch in the cafe before heading home for a bit of quiet time.


Friday: Work/Good Friday Service
Bummer--I had to work. First time in seven years the office has been open on Good Friday. BUT it was a quiet morning and I was finished at noon. I didn't make it back to church for the noon service, but I did make it to lunch with the family and some friends. Pizza, followed by Yogurt Mountain. So yummy!

So, as you can tell, it was a busy and FUN week for us! What did you do for spring break?

4 comments:

erica said...

I completely agree with you on the challenges of clothes for older girls. It is kind of stressful for me! I will typically just order a few things from lots of different sites - finding their most conservative items! I am thankful for the 'bermuda shorts' that lots of stores have so my girls aren't wearing crazy short shorts. I think I need to follow your lead and learn how to make my kids clothes to keep them looking like girls and not teenagers!

Oh Lord, protect our precious girls!!!!!

Glad you had a fun spring break!!!!

Mom/Mimi said...

You kept busy during the break.....all looks like a lot of fun!!

the duchess of wallingford said...

Did you actually TYPE OUT " perks to sleeping with the children's minister"????? bhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I jsut spit out my drink! KENDRA you have come a long way BABY~!!!!! bahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

The Duchess of Glen Willow said...

Have I not told you that story?

A man in our church stopped me one day and asked me if I was the "one sleeping with the youth minister."

I politely told him, "no, I am sleeping with the children's minister."

Then he said, "same thing."

Ummm...no it's not.