Monday, March 07, 2011

Snickerdoodles

LilE and I made a little sweet treat this afternoon in prep for Bible Study being at our house tonight. She enjoyed baking with me as she always does. I am trying really hard not to be caught up in the major mess she is making, but to count it as a learning experience.

Snickerdoodles

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
2 3/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt

Mix butter, shortening, and sugar. Add eggs.

Add dry ingredients.

Roll dough into one inch balls. Mix 3 tablespoons sugar and 3 teaspoons cinnamon. Roll dough balls into cinn/sugar mixture to coat the outside. Place on baking sheet.

Bake in 350* preheated oven for approx. 10 minutes.

For CRUNCHY cookies, follow the above directions.
For SOFT cookies, chill dough and cookie sheet for 15 minutes, then roll into balls and bake for 10 minutes.  (New trick I just learned.)

3 comments:

Double Dees in SC said...

LilE did a great job - I thought all 5 that I ate were scrumptious!

Karla said...

Mmmm...those look great! And good job not worrying about the mess. I know it's very hard to do:)

Mimi said...

Cookies look really good. It has been a long time since I've made them. Wish LilE was here to make cookies with Mimi. Good job, girls.