Saturday, April 16, 2011

Daddy Daughter Date

JD has been talking about taking LilE on a date for quite some time.

LilE has been trying to read for quite some time. She likes to read signs as we drive along. Waffle House is one she has learned.

JD and LilE have a tradition of making waffles together each and every Saturday morning while Mommy tries to sleep a bit. Each time LilE gets to pick out the color of the waffles. It is a sweet time for them. It's funny that when I roll out of bed, JD is usually asleep on the couch.

Therefore, the first official daddy-daughter date was to...drum roll, please...Waffle House.


LilE got all dressed up.

She even picked out Daddy's clothes.

And they enjoyed their time together eating yummy waffles.

The only negative? My two favorite people smelled like they had each smoked a pack when they got home. Hmm...

I learned a valuable lesson though. When I say, "take the camera," I will give instructions for them to have a picture taken...together. All I got was what you see and Emma's pictures of Waffle House staff. I want them to have pictures other than cups and waffles to remember one day!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Too funny. Hope they enjoyed!

Jennifer Gilbert Settle said...

I LOVE her outfit!!